Welcome to our new online Medium publication the Collaborate Out Louder
We have created this as a space where anyone can share their ideas and learning about collaboration. We want our communities to share their stories to spread learning and inspire others to have a go.
If you have a story tell that helps us to learn more about how we collaborate together submit to use via the publication.
As the Collaborate Out Loud Community has grown and emerged in all sorts of places and spaces it has felt important for us to think about how we engage others who can’t physically come to a gathering to be part of it.
When Helen Sanderson suggested creating a virtual book club a few months back it felt like an amazing way to not only connect people anywhere and everywhere but also it supported the principles that we know helps out communities to get stuff done in the real world.
So we are now getting going and we want you to help us create a reading list that can inspire the unusual suspects to think differently about the power of working different.
Add your ideas to the Tricider that is being curated by Ian Pettigrew and we will be exploring our first title on 12 December from 8–9PM.
Alongside the monthly virtual book clubs we will be curating an online library with a difference which will borrow learning from anywhere and everywhere to inspire, challenge and mobilise.
Collaborate Out Loud started as a seed of an idea on 8 September 2016 in a Northern Quarter Coffee Shop and we are now an exciting new Community Interest Company.
“Collaborate Out Loud CIC creates surprising, simple and social spaces for public service innovation and flourishing”.
We exist to serve those delivering, participating and accessing public services to:
- Challenge thinking, practice and leadership
- Connect the unusual suspects across different boundaries
- Create capacity and capability for change
- Co-curate our collective wisdom and nurture communities to thrive
- Co-create novel solutions that break all the rules and make a difference
Collaborate Out Loud’s Values:
- Surprising – we do the unexpected. This might be bring in practice and thinking from unusual places or helping people to connect across unusual boundaries.
- Social – we work out loud, share, work with others and connect with existing agendas and ideas. We lead with generosity, openness and trust
- Simple – we know the world is complicated enough so we are easy to work with, straightforward and keep things as simple as we can, believing that less can be mo
This site is a space for collaborating out loud and living and breathing collaboration in a generous and impactful way. We want everyone to be part of it!