Over the last year and a bit we have spent lots of time learning about what makes collaboration work. At the heart of this are the communities that have been emerging.
We wanted to share our curation of what our communities have learnt. We would love to hear what you think……
Collaborate Out Loud is all about creating surprising, simple and social shared spaces between the formal and informal and this is what we have learnt so far about how this happens…….
- Embrace and harness the energy and magic of difference and the crowd
- Create surprising, simple, and social spaces between the formal structures and informal networks
- Spend time building a community, trust, and a shared intent where people bring their whole selves
- Embrace the principles of transparency, democracy, and openness
- Be social, share with generosity and kindness
- Work on real and often complex challenges collaboratively, sense making through meaningful conversations
- Borrow learning and thinking from anywhere and everywhere to learn collectively
- Co-create novel solutions and ideas to tackle collective challenge
- Rapidly test ideas and iterate them together
- Work out loud as you go — attributing ideas and inspirations
- Spread the best ideas (as well as the learning from what didn’t work) far and wide
Welcome to our new online Medium publication the Collaborate Out Louder
We have created this as a space where anyone can share their ideas and learning about collaboration. We want our communities to share their stories to spread learning and inspire others to have a go.
If you have a story tell that helps us to learn more about how we collaborate together submit to use via the publication.
As the Collaborate Out Loud Community has grown and emerged in all sorts of places and spaces it has felt important for us to think about how we engage others who can’t physically come to a gathering to be part of it.
When Helen Sanderson suggested creating a virtual book club a few months back it felt like an amazing way to not only connect people anywhere and everywhere but also it supported the principles that we know helps out communities to get stuff done in the real world.
So we are now getting going and we want you to help us create a reading list that can inspire the unusual suspects to think differently about the power of working different.
Add your ideas to the Tricider that is being curated by Ian Pettigrew and we will be exploring our first title on 12 December from 8–9PM.
Alongside the monthly virtual book clubs we will be curating an online library with a difference which will borrow learning from anywhere and everywhere to inspire, challenge and mobilise.
We had a fab chat with the Collaborate Out Loud Community on all things trust, collaboration and innovation. If you missed our then you can catch up via Storify
Our next Twitter Chat is 24 August 8-9PM and we will be discussing fear and failure
We love sharing what we are learning about collaboration and when we got the chance to write a blog for Clore Social on the importance of connecting in a social world we jumped at the chance.
Read the full blog here
We would love to hear your thoughts Julia and Claire